UCC Filings Important
****UCC Filing/Search Alert Update****
Amendments to UCC Article 9 will be effective July 1, 2013, as a result of S.323, signed into law on June 7, 2013. The changes are a result of the 2010 Amendments to Article 9 from the Uniform Law Commission and adopted by the International Association of Commercial Administrators (IACA), which were to become effective in July 2013.
• Current UCC forms will have some modifications.
• The UCC Online Filing, Search and Retrieval system will reflect the modifications by September 2013.
• From July 1, 2013 to September 1, 2013, a sixty-day grace period will be observed, and the Secretary of State’s Office will continue to accept pre- July, 2013 UCC forms for filing.
• The new, modified forms will be available on this website in early July.
• If you wish to use the UCC Online Filing system during this grace period, you will still be filing under the pre- July 1 forms.
• If you must file a new modified UCC form before September 1, 2013, then you may do so by submitting a paper filing via mail or in person. You may continue to use the online filing system during this 60 day grace period if you do not need to file using the new forms.