Before You FIle Online
To file online:
- You will need a Visa or Mastercard to pay the $50 fee.
- If you need help with one of the fields during the filing process, please click on the question mark adjacent to it.
- If you would like a copy of the information that you are submitting, print each screen as you complete it.
To register a charity:
If you have never registered in the state of South Carolina:
- You will be required to provide the charity name and the FEIN number.
To resume or renew a charity registration:
- Log in using your Charity ID and Registration PIN provided on the registration reminder letter that was mailed or e-mailed to you.
- You must have your completed IRS Form 990 or annual financial report, or have requested a filing extension from the Secretary of State’s Office.
To register a professional fundraiser:
- If you have registered with the Secretary of State in the past, you must have a PFR ID and Registration PIN. These numbers are found on the registration reminder letter that was mailed or e-mailed to the professional fundraiser.
- All outstanding joint financial reports must be filed before you can complete the registration process online. To file a joint financial report, click on the “Joint Financial Report” button.
To register a raffle:
If you are registering to conduct nonprofit raffles for the first time:
- You will be required to provide the nonprofit organization’s name and FEIN number.
To resume or renew a raffle registration:
- Log in using your Raffle ID and Registration PIN provided on the registration reminder letter that was mailed or emailed to you.
- You must have completed your annual raffle financial report in order to renew your registration.
To begin the online filing process, click here.